Komatsu’s new technology deliver fuel savings of between 5% and 15% while being compliant with Tier 4 Final emissions standards, slashes diesel emissions – at the same time giving outstanding performance, efficiency and reliability.
Compared with our previous generation Tier 3 engines, our new technology engines reduce both particulate matter (PM) and nitrous oxide (NOx) levels by 90%.
They achieve this through a combination of heavy duty after treatment and cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems, along with advanced electronic controls, variable geometry turbocharger, and a precision High-Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel injection system.
Komatsu’s new technology engine technologies
Our new technology engines include a number of innovations that help achieve the stringent requirements of this standard, as well as contributing to lower fuel consumption.
They incorporate Komatsu proprietary technologies developed over many years to reduce emissions levels while maintaining the highest levels of reliability, productivity and efficiency.
Technologies introduced in these new engines include:
- A heavy-duty after-treatment system
- An advanced Electronic Control System
- A heavy-duty cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system
- A Komatsu Variable Geometry Turbocharger (KVGT) system
- Heavy-duty High-Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel injection system
- Upgraded KOMTRAX Step 5 remote monitoring technology