At Komatsu, we are proud of our close engagement in the community throughout New Zealand, not only through our employees, Service Agents network, contractors, suppliers and customers, but also our commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Across our New Zealand, Australian and New Caledonia operations ¬– as well as globally – Komatsu has been actively involved in community activities for decades.
Today, community involvement is embedded in our culture and we are proud to contribute to the communities in which we live and work.
Many of our employees volunteer in their local communities, either individually or as part of a team, and we support their efforts with flexible working arrangements.
Here in New Zealand, we engage with a number of leading community organisations and causes, through an active commitment to supporting important charities and social issues.
Over the past 12 months, these have included:
- SiteWise Green status
- Westpack Helicopter sponsorship
- Volunteer Fire Brigade toolkit sponsorship
- Pink Ribbon
- Special Children’s Christmas Party sponsorship
- Daffodil Day
- Women’s Refuge
- Eat My Lunch
- R U Ok
- Mobiles donated to schools
Examples of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives throughout Oceania and globally include:
- Landmine removal programs in Angola and Cambodia.
- Active engagement of employee-only initiatives designed to give employees the opportunity to go out and perform an activity of choice that contributes to a community benefit.
- Supporting and raising awareness of not-for-profit organisations for various causes. This is achieved through fundraising and other charitable activities.