Komatsu Rental offers a large fleet of high-quality low-hour excavators, loaders, dump trucks, dozers and graders for hire throughout New Zealand. And as New Zealand’s only national OEM-backed rental operator you get all the benefits provided to Komatsu machine owners, including KOMTRAX and KOWA machine management reporting systems, and complete integration with our technical and service operations. Because of this, Komatsu Rental customers can enjoy the same level of support and peace of mind that is available to traditional Komatsu machine owners.
Whether you are an existing Komatsu owner looking for equipment on a short-term basis, a primary producer or quarry facing seasonal fluctuations, a contractor or plant hirer freeing up capital to develop your business, we have the rental machine to suit.
Why do Komatsu Rental customers in New Zealand hire plant and equipment rather than purchase it?
- Rental is ideal to meet project specific requirements; for example, if an operation does not have the equipment for a specific short to medium term project, it can hire and then return.
- A rental machine is an ideal substitute while an in-house machine is undergoing a rebuild or major overhaul.
- Rental allows any operation to quickly meet an increase in project requirements
- Rental allows increased operational flexibility.
- Rental does not require capex and can be an off balance sheet solution allowing the customer to invest capital in fixed plant assets.
What are the major advantages for Kiwi operators of hiring plant and equipment?
- By renting from Komatsu Rental, our customers are engaging with a trusted brand – giving the assurance of high safety standards.
- Komatsu Rental machines are l low-hour and/or new machines.
- Rental provides our customers with the opportunity to try latest model equipment before buying to see if it is suitable for an application.
- It allows increased production efficiency; when a breakdown occurs on an owned machine, a rental can be delivered quickly to allow operations to continue.
- Rental provides an ideal product comparison opportunity for operators to experience the Komatsu brand with no long-term commitment, something that is not possible in some cases with other owned OEM machines.
- Renting through Komatsu Rental provides customers with an OEM-backed guarantee of reliability, and a strong brand assurance of quality.
- For quarrying and mining customers, renting a quarry/mining-speced machine through Komatsu Rental assures customers that they are getting access to the latest technology, compliance and safety features, which are usually an additional cost inclusion when buying a machine.
- All Komatsu Rental machines include access to KOMTRAX reporting to monitor machine activity, and productivity, operator behaviour and anti-theft protection or misuse.
- Each Komatsu Rental machines includes full service and technical support.
- Komatsu Rental can make fleet management’s job far easier by taking advantage of the company’s large national branch footprint, saving time by making one call for service, support, or to rent further machines.
- Using new, premium brand equipment is more reliable, increases productivity and minimises downtime.
- Komatsu Rental’s new or near new machines provide increased operational uptime and availability.
- Rental is ideal to meet short or medium term requirements, where capital expenditure is not a viable option.
Depending on the size of the job, is your hire equipment serviced at the job site?
- Yes, all equipment can be serviced on site or at a Komatsu branch by qualified service mechanics and tradespeople.
- Every 250 hours, Komatsu Rental will service a machine, to ensure the operational uptime and continual productivity through increased availability.
- How many people are involved in your rental maintenance/service crew?
- Machines in the field are serviced throughout NZ through the same Komatsu Branch network that supports and services equipment which is owned by customers.