Komatsu Tier 4 Final low-emissions engines
Komatsu’s new Tier 4 Final low-emissions engine technology, slashes diesel emissions, while delivering fuel savings of between 5 and 15%.
Compared with our previous generation Tier 3 engines, our Tier 4 Final-compliant engines reduce both particulate matter (PM) and nitrous oxide (NOx) levels by 90%.
They achieve this through a combination of heavy duty aftertreatment and cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems, along with advanced electronic controls, variable geometry turbocharger, and a precision High-Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel injection system.
Komatsu’s new Tier 4 engine technologies
Our new Tier 4 Final engines include a number of technology innovations that help achieve the stringent requirements of this standard, as well as contributing to lower fuel consumption.
They incorporate Komatsu proprietary technologies developed over many years to reduce emissions levels.
Technologies introduced in these new engines include:
- A heavy-duty after-treatment system
- An advanced Electronic Control System
- A heavy-duty cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system
- A Komatsu Variable Geometry Turbocharger (KVGT) system
- Heavy-duty High-Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel injection system
- Upgraded KOMTRAX Step 5 remote monitoring technology